Re:Cover // Reclaimed wood looks great - but it sometimes goes unnoticed; especially when it's only used in furniture and fixtures. The true beauty of reclaimed wood is found in natural canvasses that require continual, daily use - countertops + floors. You've probably seen wood flooring before, you may have seen butcher block countertops, but you've probably never seen either of these surfaces fabricated from reclaimed lumber.
At Re:klaim, not only do we recycle materials for new furniture and fixtures, but we also partner with companies to fabricate and install reclaimed (and new stock) wood countertops + flooring. Replace your old, worn-out countertops with a beautiful new custom butcher block countertop. Change up the carpet and install reclaimed wood flooring. Partner with us to reveal your canvas, showcase your design, and make it hand-made.
How do you order from us?
Six simple steps:
- Schedule a time for us to provide you with a free quote
- Select species/thickness + provide any custom details (reclaimed wood available)
- Put down a deposit (40%) + sign contract
- Review shop drawings and layout
- Schedule an install date
- Share with the neighbors
How long does it take?
- Original quote to installation is usually a 5-7 week process
Why get a butcher block countertop?
- The beautiful and rich look of a butcher block is often the focal point in today’s modern kitchen. Available in different finishes and wood grains, butcher block has many benefits over traditional counter top materials, such as, granite, laminate, or corian. In addition to its natural beauty, butcher block is relatively easy to maintain, provides an extremely durable work surface, and, as an added bonus, is naturally resistant to bacteria, making it the ideal work surface for food preparation. Whether used as a cutting or chopping board, as a top for an island or as a complete set of kitchen countertops, butcher block is a natural choice for long-lasting beautiful countertops.
Why get a reclaimed wood flooring?
- Reclaimed flooring has a forgotten story. It has a past that ends up stacked and stored or burned in a fireplace. The best way to retell that story is to salvage old flooring and refinish it to bring out it's natural characteristics. Reclaimed wood flooring is not only beautiful, it's incredibly durable. Since most of the wood we use is old growth that has dimension-ally stabilized over years of use, you can count on your reclaimed wood floor to last a long time. Replace outdated, worn out carpet and tile with timeless wood flooring.
What should you do if you have a project that requires reclaimed wood countertops or flooring? Submit some project details to us here or send us an email and we'll respond within 48hrs with a quote. We'll look over the project and create a customized restoration plan for you to review. If everything looks good we'll finalize details and schedule a site visit. Partner with us to reveal your canvas, showcase your design, and make it hand-made.
Check out the new Re:Cover page here: Re:Cover // Tops + Floors